Request Your Free eBook Now:
"Managing Linux® Systems with Webmin™ System Administration and Module Development - Free 808 page eBook"
Easy, browser-based Linux/UNIX administration with Webmin--step by step.
Webmin gives you an easy, browser-based solution for virtually any day-to-day Linux/UNIX administration task. Now, there's a definitive Webmin guide for every beginning-to-intermediate sysadmin. Written by Webmin's primary developer, Managing Linux® Systems with Webmin™; delivers authoritative, step-by-step coverage of the latest version of Webmin, from basic installation to centrally managing multiple servers. Coverage includes:
- How Webmin works--and how to install and secure it
- Using Webmin to configure basic system services, including file systems, users/groups, and printing
- Configuring Apache, Sendmail, Squid, Samba, MySQL, PostgreSQL, FTP services, and more
- Cluster modules: configuring multiple systems from one master server
- Webmin modules: configuring Webmin itself
- Full API documentation and instructions for writing your own Webmin modules and themes
Jamie Cameron walks you through more than 50 essential Webmin tasks--offering all the background you need, step-by-step instructions, extensive screen captures, and listings of the underlying configuration files that are being modified. Whether you're new to Linux/UNIX system administration or you simply want an alternative to the command line, Managing Linux® Systems with Webmin™
will be an indispensable resource.
By Jamie Cameron. Published by Prentice Hall. Part of the Bruse Perens' Open Source Series.
Offered Free by: informIT
See All Resources from: informIT